Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I Will Be Speaking in New York This Thursday and Friday

I am one of several participants in an event on the subject of privacy at Columbia Law School this Friday, starting at noon. After agreeing to participate, it occurred to me that if I was going to fly across the country it would be worth trying to arrange something more than the hour or so I expect to spend on my part of the event, so I emailed several libertarian friends to ask if they knew of libertarian supper clubs or the like currently functioning in New York City. The result is that I am now scheduled to give two talks:

Thursday evening, starting at 7:00, I am joining Gary Johnson on the podium for the monthly meeting of the Junto at The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen, 20 West 44th Street.

Friday evening, starting at 7:00, there is a talk arranged by Todd Seavey at Lolita Bar (266 Broome St. on Manhattan’s Lower East Side; Broome runs east-west one block south of the Delancey St. FJMZ subway stop). My topic will be "The Third Edition of The Machinery of Freedom: A Preview."

As best I can tell, neither talk requires any advance reservation.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Post a link if these end up online. I really watching your talks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! ---> "The Third Edition of The Machinery of Freedom: A Preview"

Anonymous said...

My wife and I (and our friend) saw you speak at Freedom Fest a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. All three of us will be coming by to the Lolita Bar talk on Friday evening.... looking forward to it! :)

-Cole Gentles

Milhouse said...

David gave a great performance last night at the Junto, followed by an impressive showing by Gary Johnson. Not impressive enough to persuade me away from Palin, but still.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the Lolita Bar event tonight!