Saturday, February 16, 2013

On the East Coast in April

I am attending two conferences a week apart in April, with several days free between them. I occasionally get emails from people interested in having me give a talk if I happen to be in their area. Since I do not keep track of such requests very carefully, I thought it would be worth describing my current schedule here and seeing whether there were people who would like me to give a talk at some convenient time and place—the approach that gave me two rather busy weeks in Europe quite recently.

April 11-12, Touro University, Islip, Long Island
April 16th, University of Baltimore, Baltimore
April 17th, University of Maryland, Baltimore
April 18-19th, Duke University, Durham, N.C.

The first conference apparently ends after lunch, so I could do something in the New York area as early as the evening of the 12th. My current assumption is that I will drive south on the 12th or 13th and spend a few days in the D.C. area, speak at the University of Maryland on the 17th, then drive or fly down to Durham, then back home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

University of Maryland Baltimore or Baltimore County?

David Friedman said...

University of Maryland, Baltimore--the law school.

SB7 said...

Damn. I missed the Baltimore part and got really excited you were coming to College Park.

Cristian Vimer said...

It would be great if you could have a talk in NYC. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would love to see you.