Monday, February 17, 2014

Report on a Successful Breeding Program

My mother claimed to have once taught my father a song well enough so that he could tell if something was that song or wasn't. He denied it.

My father married a musical wife. I married two musical wives in succession. The child of my first marriage married a musical wife.We have now spent three generations breeding musical ability back into his descendants. This post is to report on the success of the project.

And here is the evidence, produced a few days ago by my grandchildren.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (Also on your birthday ;-)

Power Child said...

Hah, that's awesome.

Mike H said...

Wow. I can't wait for my kids (and grandkids for that matter) to do that for me someday.

Old Odd Jobs said...

I especially enjoyed the "cha cha cha" coda

Jonathan said...

¡Felicidades!

Stevo Darkly said...

Sounds quite melodious to me!

Happy birthday to you!

Tom Bridgeland said...

Clearly a success. Congratulations. Are you able to identify the song?

David Friedman said...

Tom: The song is happy birthday. I could have known that from the words--but in fact I can recognize tunes. There was some progress from a single generation of the project.

My daughter can both sing and play the harp, but she does not believe she was singing nearly as well as my grandchildren at that age.