Friday, April 24, 2020

Looking for a few more volunteer voices

I now have almost all of the recordings of quotes I need for the audiobook of my Future Imperfect. The ones I do not have satisfactory versions of are:

“I disagree with your principles, so will require you to die for mine.”
(It's a takeoff on a quote attributed to Voltaire, so a mild French accent would be appropriate but not essential)

“Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be exalted, says: ‘Who does more wrong than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let him create a grain of wheat or a kernel of corn.’” 
(Ideally in a mild Arabic accent, mild enough to be easily understandable).

“I would prefer my child take anabolic steroids and growth hormone than play rugby. Growth hormone is safer than rugby. At least I don’t know of any cases of quadriplegia caused by growth hormone.” 
(The speaker is an Australian academic, so an Australian accent would be ideal, but since the readers don't know he is Australian, not essential. An English accent would be fine.)

“The specialness of humanity is found only between our ears; if you go looking for it anywhere else, you’ll be disappointed.” 
(This is by Lee Silver. I have a good version of it, but it's spoken by a woman and Lee Silver is a man, so I would prefer a male version if possible).

That's it for ones I still need. If you feel like it, you are welcome to do any of the others I have listed in previous posts — I can always use a better version. 


No comments: